Monday, March 12, 2012

5 Absurd Scientific Myths People Believe

There have always been several statements we know, which seem to be stupid, but as they say that those statements are proved scientifically, we all believe that they are true. But today I read an article that denies those statements. That is kind of weird, but it is true.
Here is the first statement: "Fingernails and hair continue to grow after death." I remember how one of my teachers at school was telling about it and was saying that it is reality. I was thinking: "Oh wow, so people don't die completely." Though, after reading this article, I feel kind of stupid.
Here is another statement, that I never knew about: "Men think about sex every ten seconds." I could never think that the girls have such an opinion about us, we are not frenetic. 
"The coriolis effect determines the way the water flows down drains." Once one of my classmates at high school asked about it to the teacher of physics, and he described the fact just the way the statement stands.
"The moon has a dark side that never sees sunlight." To be fair I have never heard about this one, but probably there are some people that thought in this way.
And finally the most widespread statement: "We only use 10% of our brains." Haha, I have always thought that it is stupid. If we were using only 10% of our brain, we all would have been paralyzed. For every function we use a certain part of our brain. And the statement, that we use only 10% of our brain is nonsense, if it is so, were is the other 90% of i?. Or if we don't use the other 90% why don't those cells die.
Take it easy.
5 Absurd Scientific Myths People Believe - ShaveMagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment